- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 810
- 200 gm butter,soft
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- FOR SYRUP:
- 200 ml orange juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
How to make it
- Heat oven to 180C. Butter and line a round cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl,beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy and light.
- Beat in the eggs gradually.
- Add orange zest and mix.
- In another bowl,sift flour and baking powder.
- Fold the flour into the creamed mix.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make the syrup by putting orange juice and sugar into a pan, bring them gently to the boil, stirring
- until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn out the cake on rack to cool.
- Pierce holes in the cake with a skewer while still warm and pour
- the syrup over it.
- Leave to cool, spooning the syrup over the cake until it is all soaked up.