Grand Champion Apple Pie
- Time 35-45 minutes
- Serves 8
- 6 cup sliced peeled baking apples(5 to 6 medium)
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pastry for double crust pie( 9 inches)
- See my no fail pie crust recipe!
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine apples water and lemon juice; cook over medium-low heat just until the apples are tender
- Remove from the heat and cool(do not drain)
- In a large bowl, combine sugars,flour cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt; add apples and toss to coat.
- Place bottom pastry in pie plate; add apple mixture.
- Cover with top pastry; seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake at 450* for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350* bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown