Whole Wheat Cake
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour sifted
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift white flour then measure and resift 3 times with baking powder and salt.
- Add in whole wheat flour then stir it in thoroughly.
- Cream shortening with the sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and beat mixture until smooth then stir in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk into creamed mixture.
- Line two baking pans with wax paper then lightly grease and flour.
- Pour batter into pans and cook for 25 minutes then cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Turn out to cool completely on cake rack.