Vegan Bran - Raisin Bread
- Time 60 minutes
- Serves 12
- 2 tablespoons apple butter or fig puree
- 1 ¼ cup fat-free (preferably unsweetened) soy or almond milk
- 1 ½ cups raisin bran cereal
- 1/3 cup molasses
- ½ cup sultana raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup ground cloves
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil.
- Blend the fruit butter with soymilk, raisin bran, molasses, raisins and vanilla.
- Let mixture stand for a few minutes; it will turn mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the raisin bran mixture, and stir just until blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour.