Great Greek Green Beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 9-ounce package or one 16-ounce package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz.)
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, olives, and oregano. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add beans. Return to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until desired consistency and beans are tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. If desired, serve with a slotted spoon.