Turkey Spanakopita Burger
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 red onion or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted (or fresh spinach)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (dried will work)
- 1/2 cup goat feta, crumbles or dry curd cottage cheese (DCCC)
- 1 lb ground chicken or ground turkey
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool.
- Return pan to heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cooled onions and garlic, then season with oregano.
- Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Raise heat on pan to medium-high with another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add patties and cook 6 minutes on each side.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste.