2 red potatoes, chopped, don't remove the skin, please!
5 cups Veggie broth
1 & 1/4 tsp salt
2 tbl. sp Olive oil
1 Cup finely chopped white onions
1 cup coarsely chopped white onions(for later)
1/2 tsp celery seed
1 & 1/2 cup Soy milk or Mimic creme(made with cashew & Almond, Yummy!)
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
2 tbl.sp chopped olives
2 Bay leaves- to be removed later
Garnish it w/ flat leaf parsley or the celery tops
How to make it
1. In a wide stock pot, add oil and heat it up.
2. Add Bay leaves, garlic, saute for a few sec, then add celery seeds, coarsely chopped celery, onion, carrots & potatoes.
3. Season them with salt and pepper. Cook well.
4. Once cooked, add half of the stock and let it boil.
5. Take it out of heat and cool for a few mins.
6. Once, it cools down a bit, take out the bay leaves and blend it with a hand blender and keep it aside.
7. Take another pan, heat it up, add a little bit of Oil and add finely chopped celery, carrots & onion, in that order and seasoning them one by one.
8. Put the cooked veggies to the pureed mixture, and put it back on the stove.
9. Add the soy milk.
10. Check the consistency, if you want it more liquidy, add some more stock.
11. Bring it to a boil.
12. Check for seasoning, add more if needed.
12. Garnish & Serve hot
NOTE: Mimic creme is a Beautiful, Healthy, Vegan and Kosher product which I came across in a Restaurant convention. I like it so much, I buy it online. They have unsweetened, sugar free & sweetened. The sweetened version can be a guilt free dessert all by itself. Its that good. East coast friends may be lucky enough to find it in their neighborhood stores.