No Knead Bread
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 5/8 C water
How to make it
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, yeast, and water. Dough will be very shaggy and wet. It won't hold its shape. Don't worry! This is normal.
- Let dough rise 12-18 hours at room temperature. The dough is ready when it's doubled in volume and the entire surface is pocked with bubbles.
- Place a 6-8 quart heavy covered pot in the oven (cast iron, enamel, Pyrex, or ceramic), and preheat the oven to 450°F. When the oven reaches the desired temperature, take out the pot and lid.
- Pour the dough directly into the pot, scraping out any residue from the bowl. (The dough should be elastic and pull into long strands as it stretches.)
- Immediately cover with the lid, shake once or twice to make sure the dough is evenly distributed, and slide the whole thing into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for another 15-30 minutes, until crust is golden-brown.
- Cool on a rack.