Honey Garlic Spareribs
- 3 lbs. back spareribs
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice or wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. Asian chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
How to make it
- Trim spareribs and cut into racks of 3 ribs. Place in roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Combine honey, wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, hoisin and chilli sauce and pour over spareribs.
- Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 8 hours refrigerated, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove ribs from marinade. Stir chicken stock into marinade and replace ribs.
- Bake ribs for 1 hour or until tender, turning every 20 minutes and brushing with marinade. If the marinade the pan becomes too dry, add stock or water. The sauce sauce should be thick but pourable.
- Place ribs on platter and pour sauce over.