Portuguese Egg Tarts
- (Makes 12 tarts)
- Ingredients A (Crust):
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Pie Crust Mix (Net Wt 11 Oz)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Ingredients B (Filling):
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
How to make it
- Stir the pie crust mix, cold water, and melted butter until pastry forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll the dough and cut it into 12 balls. Set aside.
- Use an electronic beater to blend Ingredients B. Beat for about 3 minutes and strain the filling through a strainer. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200F. Butter the muffin pan.
- Flatten the balls into small rounds and fit them well into the muffin pan by pressing firmly on bottom and side (do not over stretch). Fill the pie crust dough with the egg mixture (about 80% full).
- Bake the Portuguese Egg Tarts at 400F for about 15-20 minutes or until the filling turn brown.