Silky Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- Remove the leaves and thick core from the cauliflower, coarsely chop, and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using a hand held immersion blender, puree the soup, or puree in small batches in a blender and return it to the pot.
- Add the Parmesan and stir until smooth.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.