Gambas Al Ajillo - Shrimp In Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 - 3/4 pound shrimp, preferably very small, shelled
- coarse salt
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and very coarsely chopped
- 1 dried red chili pepper, stem and seeds removed, in 2 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
How to make it
- Dry the shrimp well.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides.
- Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in four ramekins or one shallow 8 inch casserole.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper.
- When the garlic starts to turn golden add the shrimp.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Cook over medium-high heat.
- Stir for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp are just done.
- Sprinkle in the paprika and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- Provide lots of good bread for dipping in the garlic sauce.