- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears cooked and drained
- sliced cooked turkey, about 1 pound, enough for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
How to make it
- Melt butter.
- Add flour and cook, stirring until mixture bubbles.
- Remove from heat; gradually blend in milk and egg yolk.
- Add dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and begins to boil.
- Add Cheddar cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Arrange hot broccoli and turkey in 12 x 8-inch dish, spooning sauce between layers and on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese is browned.