Vegan Amazing Fruity Bread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 5 juicy ripe strawberries (lrg)
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- a very full 1/4 cup natural applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
- 3/4 cup mixed jumbo raisins
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mash together bananas and strawberries until liquidy.
- Add lemon juice, oil, sugar, and raisins. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Add banana mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir by hand until just mised together.
- Pour into lightly oiled loaf pan. (I prefer glass)
- Sprinkle a little wheat germ, sugar and cinnamon on the top if desired.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, is done when knife comes out nearly clean.
- Pop out of pan, and let sit on a plate 10 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy with butter for something sinful, eh, sprinkle some more cinnamon.