Pumpkin And Chocolate Chips Muffins
- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 12
- 2 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spices
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seed oil (can be substituted for applesauce)
- 3/4 cup milk (skim is OK)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips OR raisins
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease or paper line 12 muffin tins.
- In a big bowl mix dry ingredients. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry mixture and stir just until combined. Carefully add chocolate chips or raisins.
- Pour dough onto prepared muffins tins. Bake 18-20 minutes until golden and fully baked.
- Sprinkle if desired with pure cocoa powder.