The Vegan Chocoholics Flourless Torte
- Time 60 minutes
- Serves 16
- 2/3 cup vegan stick margarine
- 1 lb 70% or higher quality chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 18.5 oz lite silken tofu (such as Mori-Nu)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and line the bottom of a 9” spring-form pan with parchment, wrap in heavy-duty foil and set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the margarine, chocolate and coffee.
- Melt, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, cornstarch, water and vanilla until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Beat in sugar until well blended, then add chocolate mixture and combine thoroughly, taking care not to beat air into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and rap sharply on the counter top 4-5 times to dissipate air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour in a prepared water bath, and cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove the sides of the pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, before serving.