- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 68
- 2 chickens 3 lb each cut into serving size
- 4 Tbl olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups onions (finely chopped)
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 lb noodles
How to make it
- Saute: chicken portions in the olive oil and butter fpr about 10 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides.
- Add:onion, green pepper, garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper. and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add:stewed tomatoes and stir to mix. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occcasionally.
- Add: red wine and cook for 10 minutes more.
- While the chicken is cooking: cook the noodles in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked noodles.