Christmas Popcorn Balls
- * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- * 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- * 6 tablespoons butter
- * 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- * A small box of flavored jello (optional to be added in with marshmallow mixture)
How to make it
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a 4 quart saucepan, and heat over high heat. When oil is hot, add popping corn.
- Keep pan moving constantly.
- When corn stops popping, remove from heat. Put popcorn in prepared pan.
- Melt butter In a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix with spoon to coat evenly.
- Let mixture cool slightly.
- Smear butter on your hands or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix popcorn with your hands so that it is evenly coated.
- Form popcorn into 8 balls.
- Place on wax paper to cool and then wrap with cellophane & ribbon. :)