Cream Cheese Roll-ups
- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 36
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Pitted dates, candied cherries and pecan halves
How to make it
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Chill for several hours or until dough is firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness, using dusting of flour to prevent dough from sticking to surface and rolling pin. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 1- by 3-inch strips with pastry wheel.
- Put a date, cherry or pecan half in center of each strip and roll up. Put the folded side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly brown. Cool slightly, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes 5 to 6 dozen.