My Style Bread Pudding
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature or slightly melted
- 3 cups (5 slices) dried bread chunks/cubes
- Note: I prefer to use a French, Italian or Challah loaf
- 2 cups milk, 2% or homogonized
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsps. cinnamon (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsps. Brandy/Frangelico/Drambuie/Chambord or you can use Vanilla
- 1/3 cup raisins and I have also substituted with cranberries, apple chunks, bananas, pears - whatever you have on hand
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 tsps. Brandy/Frangelico/Drambuie whatever you prefer and again, you can use vanilla
- 1-1/2 tsp. butter
How to make it
- Place bread cubes in a greased 8" x 1-1/2" round baking dish or 8" x 8" square baking dish.
- Note: You can trim crust from the bread or leave it on.
- Mix eggs with butter and beat.
- Add milk, sugar, cinnamon and flavouring.
- Mix raisins into egg mixture and pour over cubes/chunks of bread.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When I get up In the morning, I preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the cling wrap and place on center rack.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, flavouring and butter.
- If needed, add more liquid until it reaches a drizzling consistency.
- Five minutes before bread pudding has finished baking, drizzle with icing and place back in oven.
- Note: This recipe is easily doubled.