Springs Oven Baked Chicken
- 4 pounds chicken, we use leg quarters however breasts would work also
- Seasoning salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Water or Chicken Broth
- - - - -
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) cornstarch or 16 tablespoons (1 cup) flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Seasoning to taste
How to make it
- Place the chicken in a 13 by 8 inch pan.
- Add water or chicken broth.
- Season to taste.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in a 350 f oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take chicken out of pan and place on serving plate.
- Pour broth in to a large pan, bring to a boil.
- Turn down just a little.
- Mix corn starch (flour) and cold water.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Pour slowly into boiling broth while mixing with a whip the whole time.
- In a few minutes you have gravy.