Quick Meat Sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef or poultry
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- a bit of wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 quart jar of pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1 pound pasta - cooked per directions, al dente
How to make it
- Lightly saute the onion in some olive oil until turning translucent.
- Add the garlic and just cook briefly, you don't want it brown and bitter.
- Add the chopped meat and keeping sauteeing until it is browned, stir often.
- Drain off the fat.
- Stir in oregano, to taste. I use a fairly generous amount, I love it.
- Pour in some wine and stir and scrape the bottom of your pan to deglaze the pan, these bits add flavor.
- Stir in the jar of sauce and then the shredded cheese. Stir until it incorporates.
- Check for seasoning. It's usually fine but you can adjust it with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Mix the sauce into the pasta and serve with grated parmigiana on the side.