Quick Sweet And Sour Pork
- 1 pound boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 15 1/4-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
How to make it
- Partially freeze pork.
- Cut across the grain into 2 1/2 x 2 1/4-inch strips; set aside.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil.
- Stir-fry green pepper and onion in hot oil until crisp-tender and remove from wok. dd more oil, if necessary and add half the pork to the wok.
- Stir-fry until browned remove and add remaining pork, repeat. Return all pork to wok to keep warm.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan combine juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Cook about 1 minute or till thickened, stirring constantly.
- Return green pepper and onion to wok.
- Stir in pineapple and thickened pineapple juice mixture.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve with rice.