Excellent Prime Rib
- Time 100 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1 8lb. Roast
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups beef stock
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Allow meat to warm to room temperature by removing it from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before roasting.
- Using a knife, poke small holes in the meat and insert the garlic into them.
- Coat roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan, bone side down.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and continue to roast for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove meat to a carving board and let rest.
- Place roasting pan on top of stove over high heat.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping up any brown bits and reduce.
- Add stock and reduce by half, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice meat and pour on some of the sauce...:D