- 10 Bacon slices
- 2 tb Dijon mustard
- 20 lg Sea scallops
- 2 tb Pure maple syrup
- 1 c Whipping cream
- Snipped fresh chives
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Arrange bacon slices on baking sheet. Bake until pale golden, about 8 minutes.
- Cut each slice crosswise in half. Cool.
- Wrap 1 bacon piece around sides of each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place scallops on baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil cream in heavy large skillet until reduced to 3/4 c., about 3 minutes.
- Add mustard and syrup and boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove toothpicks from scallops. Spoon sauce evenly onto 4 small plates. Arrange scallops decoratively atop sauce.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.