Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 8 ounce package toffee bits
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Beat butter, eggs, light brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat until well blended.
- Stir in oats, toffee bits and coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.