Fish And Chips
- 4 cod fillets, skinned
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 3 - 4 tablespoons fish stock or water
- 900g (2lb) baby leaf spinach, washed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
How to make it
- Lightly flour and season the cod with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil and 25g (1oz) of the butter until really hot, then add the cod and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes on each side, keeping the pan hot, until the fish is golden brown.
- While the fish is cooking, bring the stock or water to the boil with 25g (1oz) of butter.
- Add the spinach leaves and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Season, remove the spinach when tender and continue to boil the remaining juices.
- Whisk in the remaining butter to make a spinach butter sauce, then add the lemon juice.