Roast Leg Of Lamb
- Time 180 minutes
- Serves 8
- Leg of Lamb
- four large cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Herbs de Provence
- Rock Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary - preferably fresh
How to make it
- Let leg of lamb sit on counter for half an hour to warm up from refrigerator. Remove any "fell" off of lamb but do not remove all of the fat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place Lamb on rack in roasting pan.
- Cut up garlic into large slivers.
- With knife, make slits into lamb and place garlic into slits.
- Generously salt and pepper lamb
- Sprinkle Herbs de Provence all over lamb.
- Throw the pan into the oven.
- Once an hour, baste with any pan drippings.
- Roast 25-30 minutes per pound - a six pound leg of lamb will take 3 hours. A slow oven (325 degrees) will ensure the fat melts which will continuously baste the leg of lamb.
- Lamb will continue to cook once out of the stove.
- Do let the lamb "rest" as with all meat at least 20 minutes.
- Best served medium rare -
- You may add cut up potatoes that have been drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with rosemary, salt and pepper into the rack one hour before lamb is done.