Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 C Butter, softened
- 3 (3 oz pkg) Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg, yolk only
- 2 C All pourpose flour
- colored sugar or decorating icing
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients, except flour & colored sugar in a large bowl
- Add flour a tablespoon at a time, mix well.
- Seperate dough into 3 batches.
- Wrap in plastic wrap & refrigerate 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- On floured surface roll out 1 batch of dough to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. (decorate with colored sugar if desired)
- Bake @ 375F 6 - 10 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet right away.
- Decorate with icings if desired.