Taco Beef Soup
- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 8
- 2&1/2 to 3 pounds Beef Stew Meat (cut into 3/4" cubes)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Granules
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups chopped Yellow Onion
- 3 (14oz each) cans Beef Broth
- 1 (11.5oz) can V8 Vegetable Juice (Spicy Hot or Regular)
- 1 (1.25oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 (10oz) can Ro-tel Tomatoes
- 1 (16oz) can Pinto Beans
- 1 (11.oz) can Green Gieant Niblets Corn
How to make it
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine four, chili powder and garlic granules;
- add stew meat and turn the bag over until all the meat is coated with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet heat oil and then add meat and cook on medium high heat stirring often until brown on all sides.
- Remove meat from skillet and drain well and then place in a large soup pot.
- Add next seven ingredients and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer, place lid on and then cook one and one half hours. Add pinto beans and corn. Cook 30 more minutes.
- Allow to set about one hour before serving.
- Suggeseted condiments: Tortila Chips, Green onions, shredded cheese and sour cream.