- 2 slices Rouladen meat (abt 1/2 pound each)
- salt & pepper
- German mustard
- 4 slices bacon, uncooked
- 4 Tbsp chopped onion
- 4 Tbsp chopped dill pickles
How to make it
- Salt and peper each slice of meat and cover with mustard.
- Lay bacon strips lengthwise over meat and sprinkle with onions and pickles.
- Roll tightly (as a jelly roll) and skewer.
- Brown on all sides in butter.
- Put in a pot and cover with water. Simmer for an hour.
- Add water as needed to keep meat covered while cooking.
- Thicken the final broth with a roux to make the gravy.