Goulash I Grew Up With
- 1 pound cooked ground beef
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper - chopped
- 1 T canola oil ( or butter )
- 3 cups water
- 3 beef boullion cubes
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 4 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 teas garlic powder
- 1 teas chili powder
- 1 1/2 teas cumin
- 1/4 teas salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teas pepper
- 2 cups large elbow macaroni
How to make it
- Brown ground beef - then drain and rinse
- In a large pot cook onion and green pepper in oil till softened
- Add all ingredients to the pot except macaroni and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Stir in the macaroni and reduce the heat to simmer. Let simmer until the macaroni is done, stirring occaisionally to make sure macaroni doesn't stick.
- Great with crusty bread.
- Feel free to adjust the spices as you like, of course !