Chicken Vegetable Rice
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- heaping 1/2 cup of Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 3/4 cup Tomato, diced
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook garlic, celery, onion, carrot and parsley slowly, not to brown, until onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in rice and tomatoes, cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand another 10 minutes or so, until most liquid is absorbed. Makes about 4-5 servings