Weight Watchers Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 oz. gruyere cheese, thin sliced
- 4 oz. low fat turkey breast, thin sliced
How to make it
- Beat the egg and egg white and milk in a pie plate or wide, shallow bowl.
- Spread the mustard on the 4 slices of bread.
- Layer with cheese and turkey and press together lightly.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and heat.
- One at a time, dip sandwich into batter, then place into hot skillet.
- Cook, pressing down with a spatula until golden brown, then flip carefully & brown other side.
- Serve immediately.