Oreo CookieFrom annette092964 6 years ago
- Cookie: shopping list
- One-18.25 oz. package of Betty Crocker chocolae fudge cake mix shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons shortening melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup cake flour, measured and sifted shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons brown-paste food coloring (optional) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/3 Tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons hot water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine the cookies ingredients in a l arge bowl. Add the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms. Cover the chili for 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350*F
- 3. On al ightly floured surface, roll out a porton of the dough to just under 1/16th of an inch thick. To cut, use a lid from a spice container with 1 1/2 inch diameter. Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating of nonstick spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove wafers from the oven and cool completely.
- 4. As the cookies cool, combine the filling ingredients well with an electric mixer.
- 5. With your hands form the filling into balls about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in diameter.
- 6. Place a filling ball in the center of the flat side of the cooled cookie and press with another cookie , flat side down, until the filling spreads to the edge. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- If the cookie dough seems to tacky, you can work in as much as 1/4 cup of flour as you pat out and roll the dough. use just enough flour to make the dough workable but not tough.
- This may be obviouis to you but you can expand your own homemade line of Oreos by creating your own versions of Double Stuff or the gian Oreos called Oreo Big Stuf. Just add twice the filling for double stuf or make the cookies twice the size for the big stuf.
- GO CRAZY!! Try triple stuff!!! or Quadruple, or Quintuple....somebody stop me!!!!
The Cookannette092964 Logansport, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!