Chicken Curry In Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups cooked chicken cubed to bite size (2 large breasts)
- 1 Cup chopped onion (about half a medium onion)
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 4 oz water
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 6 Tblspns tomato paste (same as 3 ozs)
- 2 teaspns curry powder
- 1/2 teaspn garlic powder
- 1 teaspn ground ginger
- 2 teaspns garam masala
- 2 teaspns sugar
- 1/4 teaspn salt
- almond slivers for garnish
- 4 small servings of rice, prepared and hot to serve under chicken curry
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan. Simmer onion until translucent.
- Add curry, garlic, ginger, garam masala and stir while cooking one minute.
- Add chicken and water, scrape pan while stirring to mix in spices, simmer just until meat is heated.
- Remove canned coconut milk into a mixing bowl that's bigger than the can. Mix well. This makes it much easier to blend into the pan. Blend into the pan.
- Add rest of the ingredients. Simmer about 15 minutes to cook and blend the spices, and reduce consistency to your taste. Thicken with tomato paste if needed.
- Serve over rice, garnish with the almond slivers. Include warm pita or French bread to enjoy with the sauce.