Spicy Oven Baked Chicken
- Time 50 minutes
- Serves 45
- 1 whole 3 to 3 1/2 pound chicken cut-up
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 3 Tablespoons of Donnie’s Cajun Seasoning Mix (or equivalent)(Recipe on my recipe page)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash chicken well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put Bisquick in a large bowl and coat chicken well shaking off excess.
- Cover chicken excessively on both sides with seasoning.
- Put butter into a 13x9 Pyrex baking dish and put into oven to melt butter.
- Remove from oven after all of the butter has melted.
- Place chicken, skin sides down, in dish (dish and butter should be hot).
- Bake 35 minutes then turn chicken.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.