- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 48
- # 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- # 1/4 teaspoon salt
- # 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- # 1 cup finely ground almonds
- # 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- # 1/4 cup milk, plus more as needed
- # 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- # 1/4 cup raspberry preserves (seedless preferred)
How to make it
- # Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- # Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- # Mix in the almonds and sugar.
- # Stir in enough milk to form a stiff dough.
- # Press the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- # Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- # Place parchment paper on two cookie sheets.
- # Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- # Use a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 48 cookies.
- # Use a spatula to transfer 24 of the cookies to the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- # Use a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the centers from twelve of the cookies. Set aside the cookies with cut-out centers.
- # Gather the dough scraps, including the leftover hearts, re-roll, and continue cutting out cookies and outlines until all the dough is used.
- # Brush the edges of the whole cookies with the beaten egg and place the hearts with the cut-out centers on top to raise the edges.
- # Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating the sheets halfway through for even baking.
- # Drop teaspoons of the preserves into the cookie centers.
- # Transfer to racks to cool.
- #Serve to the one you love!