- 1 lb. pork picnic or side bacon belly (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- * 1 cup white vinegar
- * 1 head garlic (finely chopped) portioned into two
- * 3 pcs. laurel (bay leaves)
- * 1/2 cup soysauce
- * 1 cup water
- * 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- * 3 tablespoons oil
How to make it
- In a deep skillet, brown pork in oil.
- Add vinegar, soysauce, first portion of garlic, laurel, peppercorn and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the fire and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- When it gets too dry just add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and let simmer until pork becomes tender.
- In another pan, cook remaining garlic until golden-brown.
- Add pork and pour the rest of the adobo sauce.