- 1 large head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 T butter, divided
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 - 8 oz processed cheese loaf, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 c dry bread crumbs
How to make it
- Cook cabbage in boiling salted water until tender; drain thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in 3 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Add soup and mix well.
- Add cheese; heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small skillet, melt remaining butter.
- Cook and stir bread crumbs in butter until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 350-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.