Light Wheat Biscuit Mix
- 5 cups unbleached white flour
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 cups solid vegetable shortening
How to make it
- Sift together flours, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Using your hands, mash the flour and fat together until the entire mixture is light and crumbly.
- You will want small lumps to remain, about the size of peas.
- Transfer the biscuit mix to a clean coffee can, or other resealable container.
- Label and seal the can, and store in pantry up to 2 months or freezer for 1 year.
- You should have about 10 cups of biscuit mix.