Jims Shrimp Soup
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup carrots (julienned)
- 1 tsp salt (kosher, adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper (fresh ground)
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. clam juice
- 1 cup wine (white)
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 1 tsp ginger (fresh grated)
- 2 tbsps cilantro (fresh mined)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cups shrimp (raw, devined and peeled)
- 1 tsp seasme oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup coconut (shredded fine)
- 1/2 cup corn (canned)
- 1/4 lb snow peas (approx 1 cup fresh - do not use frozen)
How to make it
- Over medium high heat add olive oil to a large pot - add onions, salt, pepper, carrots and garlic, saute till onions are clear.
- Add clam juice,white wine, chicken stock, ginger, cilantro and soy sauce cook for 4 minutes.
- Add fresh shrimp, seasme oil, red pepper flakes, corn and pea pods, cook till shrimp turns nice and pink approximately 6 minutes - add coconut and serve immediately.