Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup Substitute
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup any broth (I used a beef bouillon cube to make mine)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- mushrooms, chopped and sauteed (how ever much you desire)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Melt butter in a saucepan over Med-Low heat.
- Stir in flour a little at a time until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Add broth and milk a little at a time, stirring to keep mixture smooth. Then, stir in mushrooms.
- Return to heat and bring sauce to a gentle boil; stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Notes: This sauce can be used as a substitute for CONDENSED Cream of Mushroom Soup. I used it in Maryelizlawson's Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe, and it was perfect.
- Original recipe and other variations you can make can be found at http://www.recipezaar.com/278274