Grandmother Luigis Gnocchi
- 2 cups pealed and boiled potatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons salt
How to make it
- Using a ricer, rice the potatoes. On a large work surface
- mix together the potatoes, flour, egg, and parmesan cheese
- knead the dough as you would knead bread for about 7 minutes
- Once all ingredients are well incorporated, cut off a small 3-4 ounce piece of dough.
- On lightly floured work surface using your hands roll the piece of dough in to a uniform thin 1/2 inch rope continue till all the dough is rolled the same
- Cut ropes in to 1 inch pieces
- Working in batches cook gnocchi in a large pot of salted boiling water gnocchi are done when they float to the surface
- Remove from water and add your favorite sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Uncooked gnocchi freeze well