- 1 lb. boneless pork or veal cutlets
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 oz bacon (diced)
- 4 oz onions (chopped)
- 8 oz mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry wine
- dash of thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Pound cutlets with a meat tenderizer to flatten them.
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper, dredge them in beaten eggs and then coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Place cutlets into skillet and fry until golden brown (1-2 minutes on each side).
- Remove the meat from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Keep the meat warm in the oven while you make the gravy.
- Sauté bacon and onions until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste and mushrooms, and sauté over a low heat.
- Add wine, water and seasonings; let simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.
- Pour over Schnitzel just before serving.