- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves (8 to 9 ounces)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Brush large rimmed baking sheet with butter.
- Whisk egg white in bowl until foamy.
- Add sugar, spices, and salt.
- Whisk until mixture is thick and opaque.
- Add pecans; stir until coated.
- Using forks, transfer nuts to sheet, spacing apart;
- discard remaining coating.
- Bake nuts until deep golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on sheet.
- Transfer to container; cover and store at room temperature.
- (Can be made 4 days ahead.)