Goat Cheese Smoked Ham And Fig Sandwich
- 1 ½ cup (about 5 ½ ounces) goat cheese
- 2-3 tbs thick Greek yogurt, (or more if you like)
- Freshly ground pepper (about 1 – 1 ½ tsp)
- 9 small figs, white or black, preferably not completely ripe
- 3 flat breads (chiabbata is good)
- 12 – 18 arugula leaves, washed and drained
- 7 oz sliced smoked ham
- 2-3 tsp balsamic vinegar
How to make it
- In a bowl mash the goat-cheese with a fork; add the yogurt and pepper and mix well.Y
- You can do this in the blender.
- Wash the figs, wipe them and cut off the ends; without removing the skin cut into slices lengthwise.
- Cut the breads in half horizontall with a bread knife.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the bottom piece, add two or three arugula leaves, some slices of smoked ham and figs.
- Splash with a few s of balsamic vinegar, and top with the other piece of bread.
- Serve immediately.