- 1 pre-cooked pie crust or cooked homemade crust of your choice
- 1 jar of pesto sauce
- mozarella cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts untoasted
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1 egg white, beaten (for a crust wash)
How to make it
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Place your pizza dough on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil or bake directly on the baking tray in your oven.
- Pour enough pesto over the pizza dough, spreading evenly.
- Add sliced cheese and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the outside rim of the pizza dough with egg whites.
- Sprinkle the rim of the dough with sesame seeds.
- Bake pizza for 20-30 minutes OR until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cut as desired and serve.
- *The photo of the pizza slice comes from Junior's Pizza.
- **Once this pizza cools down, it can be cut into small squares to be served as appetizers. Its delicious at room temperature.