Zucchini Sausage Rice Casserole
- 1 lb. sausage (ground or link)
- 1 ½ c. instant rice (I use a brown/wild rice mix that cooks in 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ c. zucchini, sliced
- ½ c. thinly sliced onion
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
- ½ c. frozen corn kernels
- ½ c. grated carrot
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 t. prepared mustard
- 1 t. garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 c. grated Cheddar cheese (I use less - save for last)
How to make it
- Brown sausage; drain off fat.
- Add rice, zucchini, tomatoes, and all other ingredients, including sausage.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the 1 cup Cheddar cheese during the last few minutes of baking.