Jetts Salmon CroquettesFrom jett2whit 6 years ago
- 1- 2 cans good quality salmon (15 oz) shopping list
- 1/2 small onion chopped(optional) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Franks hot sauce shopping list
- Ritz crackers(1/2 sleeve or more) shopping list
- baggie for crushing crackers shopping list
- seasoned salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Drain juice out of the salmon can.
- Pour salmon into a bowl and remove the skin and the bones.
- With a fork, break up the salmon.
- Add seasonings to your liking. You can taste it before adding the egg to make sure it's not too salty.
- Add crackers to the baggie and crush up.
- After you have seasoned the salmon to your liking, add the egg and cracker crumbs. The consistency should not be too sticky. You should be able to spoon out the mixture and make patties.
- Have your oil hot in a large cast iron skillet.
- Carefully, carefully add the salmon patties into the hot oil and let brown on one side before turning over. Have a plate with paper towels ready to put patties on after they are removed from oil.
- *** Swallowing your pride seldom leads to indigestion ***
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating26 people
MMMM, my favorite. My Granny used to make these for breakfast served with rice. Of course growing up in the south, I though for the longest that it was Simon and not Salmon. haha. Nothing like Salmon and rice, with biscuits and syrup. Oh wow, I am go...morepsyann in Lawton loved it
This is a favorite of mine, be sure to try soon. Thanks Jett, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
sounds so good been looking for a good recipe for salmon coquettes will have these tonight yummy I got tired of the same ole, same ole recipes thanks again for the great post.
Have a great day!!!
Silversilverqueen in Albany loved it
Southern Essentials223 members
Southern Cooks553 members
Pass Down Recipes311 members
Checkin Central283 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
The Unbroken Circle 335 members
Little Rascals Favorites52 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES246 members
Compiling A Cookbook9 members
Checkins Chat26 members